Friday, June 4, 2010

WE GOT IT!!!! AutoBahn here we come.







After a sleepless/jetlaged night, we went to BMW's Welt to get the car. Yes they do take care of you!!! Very nice service and we got a tour of the building. It was supposed to modeled after tornado. Seems silly to come all this way to get inside a tornado. The building and pickup exsperiance was great. They even had a motorycylce stunt rider on a 450 dirtbike going up and down the stairs. It was fun. I inspected the car and we hit the road.

Next we headed up towords Frankfurt. This meant hitting the AutoBahn. The moment we left the welt mom told me to drive so I ended up on the A8. Poor me!! I have heard about this all my life, but was still amazed. They simply haul AS#$* on the AutoBahn. I was crusing with trafic and we were doing 100 to 120 (yes I mean miles per hour) in the fast lane with an few fast cars blowing past us (M3 or Porsches). I did not want to lay chase with a car that had less than 100 miles on it that was not mine. Dang it was fun!! We really covered some ground in a hurry.

The country side was buitifull and we ended up at a nice little hotel haus for the night.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooohhhhh. This is too much! A beautiful wife, a beautiful car, beautiful country (I guess you could see it at 100+mph (I guess you know what you're doing BG but when I was a pup if was 60 mph for the first 500 miles then increase gradually)). I would love to have been there to see your face honey when they rolled it out.

    A 450 dirt bike! I didn't know hey made them that big. Why the one picture of the instruments and no pictures of any of the rest of the interior? Why, how, what, where??? So many questions. I'll get the answers...someday. Have a WONDERFUL time.

    Let's see...The printer went feet up so I won't be able to print my boarding pass. I haven't called Annie about that yet. I had to forward my lesson for Sunday to Jean and she printed it for me. But I did go by Inland and talked with Bob. He said to get a HP with print, copy, and scan capabilities. He asked about pictures and I said we don't do a lot but want them to be high quality when we do. He told me to ask for, I think ---I have it written down in the truck---picture option.

    Millie just jumped up on the desk to help me with my drink. The other kids seem to be handling the separation OK but the heat (I believe 97 today) has us all down a bit.

    I did Joyce's yard today before it hit 90. THat plus the ride this a.m. has me pretty well tuckered. Shonda called tonite and we had a nice chat and I got to talk with the girls. Haily did a wonderful piano piece while I sat and enjoyed. Brandon is getting a good dose of college life expectations and I didn't ask about Connor. Guess I don't love him anymore. THey are doing verse 4 or "Strength through adversity"..you know, one of them mormon things.

    Enough. I love you and I'm green. Please, both of you, take care. a.t.d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Glenda, it's beautiful. I would have lost my cookies on the Autobaun!!! Can't wait to hear all the stories when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking again at the pic of the car. I believe that's Hermann Goering on the bike. That sly fox. I'm guessing you are not yet at a place where you can get Wi-Fi or Flifish net access or whatever it is! Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing some shots of the Fatherland. IF you see the Fuhrer, kick him in the weinerschnitzel. ILY

    ReplyDelete